Hellhound Giveaway on Youtube
Welcome, Draelings! Below are the full details of the giveaway for my How I Plot my YA Fantasy Novels (2018) Series on Youtube.
YouTube is not a sponsor of this giveaway and aren’t liable for anything related to this giveaway.
This is not a sponsored giveaway! When I decided to do it, even the author of Hellhound didn’t even know (and still might not)! I’m doing it because I enjoyed reading Hellhound and think you might too!
1 paperback copy of Hellhound by Lou Yardley per video in the series, How I Plot my YA Fantasy Novels (2018).
Official Rules for Entry
- Anyone taking part must do so within Youtube’s Community Guidelines. Entries that don’t follow Youtube’s Community Guidelines will be immediately disqualified.
- Only those in the UK can take part and must be 13 years old or older.
- Those under the age of 18 must have their parents’/guardians’ approval to share their name and address with me via email (and should not share it unless they win).
- The deadline for each giveaway is 1 month after the video has been made available online at Youtube. In the event nobody takes part during that video’s giveaway timeframe, nobody wins the copy of Hellhound for that video.
- You can enter the giveaway for any or all of the videos.
- Winners will be picked through the comments at draebox.com (see how to take part) and those that have spent more time on their entries are more likely to win.
- You cannot win more than once.
- What you do with your copy after winning it is your business.
How to Take Part
After watching each video, at some point within it, a question will be asked related to the topic of that part of plotting your YA fantasy novel. The question is designed to get your thinking about your current work in progress manuscript and to apply what you’ve learned to your novel by sharing it.
Your comment must be on the draebox.com post with that video, which I will link you to in the Youtube video’s description.
What Happens When a Winner is Chosen?
Upon picking a winner, I will release a short video revealing the winner and will display their entry on the video.
It is then up to the winner to contact me within 14 days of that video going live on Youtube. They must contact me through draebox.com/contact to send me their postal name/nickname and the UK address where they want me to send the Hellhound copy. The book will be dispatched directly via Amazon as a gift to prevent any delays.
Look, I don’t care to stalk you or anything like that, so I won’t. Here’s my privacy promise:
- Unless you’re the winner, I won’t be collecting any private information and you shouldn’t be sharing it with me unless you’re the winner.
- Winners are responsible for sending me a name (it doesn’t even have to be your real name) that I can put on the parcel’s delivery information as well as a UK address.
- I won’t store, share or sell your name or the address you give me. Once the parcel’s on its way, that’s the end of it. I don’t need it, I won’t refer to it and I won’t remember or save it.
There’s no tricks here. I’m using this giveaway to get writers and future authors thinking about how they plot their novels so they improve with every novel they plan. In this series of kid-friendly Youtube videos, the giveaway is a paperback copy of a werewolf story called Hellhound, written by Lou Yardley. I enjoyed it but didn’t find it super-scary. If you want to check out the Goodreads and Amazon reviews.
For your kid(s) to take part, all they have to do is answer a question that encourages them to think about the story they’re writing or planning at the moment and to do so with the plotting tidbit I’ve shared in that video. For example, I may ask what the undercurrent of their story’s theme is. For example, in one of my series, a theme that repeatedly comes back is friendship. In that particular series, it’s because of the main characters’ friendships that they manage to get through every novel without getting themselves killed. Their friendships are tested and continually help them overcome obstacles as well as survive life-and-death situations.
If you have any questions about the giveaway, please email me through my contact page.